fYrefly Auction Items - 2010
5th Annual Camp fYrefly Gala Wine Tasting and Silent Auction 2010 - Final Winning Bids Below.
First, a Thank you letter from Kris and Andre, Directors of Camp fYrefly
A heartfelt thank-you for making this year's gala our largest and most successful fundraiser to date! The event sold out in a record 36 hours and more than 100 guest enjoyed amazing wine, delectable appetizers, and a phenomenal sense of a community coming together to support sexual minority and gender variant youth. By supporting these youth to develop their leadership skills and personal resiliency, we are truly investing in the future of our community!
Due to your generosity, our Gala Wine Tasting and Silent Auction, held on March 6th, set a new record by raising more than $30,000+ in support of Camp fYrefly!
For those of you who were unable to attend our fundraiser, yet would still like to support Camp fYrefly's youth outreach and leadership development work, you can donate online by visiting our website here. To view photos from the gala, including your entrance pictures with our glamorous 'Showgirls', please click here.
To request your high resolution photos, please contact our event photographer, Jeff at "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your photograph number
A special thank you to our amazing 2010 silent auction donors identified below. This year we had an amazing 52 auction packages, with more than 75 individual, corporate, and private donors, making this our largest and most successful silent auction ever!
Our awesome door prizes were provided by: Starbucks Illuminada, Ian Sheldon, TELUS, Carrie'l Salon & Spa, University of Alberta Bookstores, and Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria.
We would also like to extend our appreciation to the following donors who made presentations during the evening's festivities: Edmonton Public Teachers' Local 37, Alberta Teachers' Association, Edmonton Hash House Harriers, and the Imperial Sovereign Court of the Wild Rose.
Other supporters acknowledged at the event include: Alberta Government's Office for the Prevention of Family Violence and Bullying, Calder Bateman, Clayton Kropp Communications, Prism Bar & Grill, and McDougall United Church.
Camp fYrefly's national media event sponsors are Xtra West! and fab magazine!
We would also be remiss without thanking:
- the wonderful partners and staff of deVine Wines & Spirits for hosting another amazing event;
- James Holehouse, Executive Pastry Chef, Shaw Conference Centre, for the amazing chocolate truffles and dessert course;
- our wonderful auctioneer Michael Phair;
- Dr. Fern Snart, Dean, Faculty of Education for bringing greetings;
- Politicians and dignitaries including Laurie Blakeman, MLA; Thomas Lukaszuk, MLA; Mary McDonald, Liberal Candidate for Edmonton Centre; Ben Henderson, City Councillor, Ward 4; Deputy Chief Norm Lipinski, Edmonton Police Service; Lynda Steele, Global Television; Jamie Sale, Olympic Figure Skating Champion; Mark Ramsankar, Vice-President, Alberta Teachers' Association; Denis Espetveidt, ATA District Representative for Calgary City; and Ed Butler, President, Edmonton Public Teachers' Local.
- Our fabulous Camp fYrefly champions and gala fundraising committee featuring Neil Salsbury, Murray Billett, Terry Tobin, Victor Tanti, Todd Heron, Anne Davidson, and Michael Phair;
- Jeff Trynchy for taking such great photos, and
- the staff of the Institute of Sexual Minority Studies and Services (Carl, Bev, Scott, Cory, Alexis, and Alex) who worked many long hours to organize and host this wonderful community-building event.
And finally, thank you for being a "Friend of Camp fYrefly"! We hope to see you at our upcoming community events, which include:
May 8th - Red Dress Run
May 17th - International Day Against Homophobia
June 5th - Queer Prom
June 12th - Pride Parade
June 13th - Mayor's Pride Lunch in Support of Camy fYrefly
To stay updated on these and other Camp fYrelfy-related events, please join our Facebook group, cause, or fan pages and join our confidential listserv: http://www.mailman.srv.ualberta.ca/mailman/listinfo/camp-fyrefly
Your Camp fYrefly team!